Today is Zach's 28th birhday! What an exciting day for us! Its our first birthday celebration with the little nut and she cannot wait to spend the whole day with her daddy! I just wanted to share with you a few (28 exactly) things that I love about this man (I am copying you Marta, but you are so creative and I thought that this would be an amazing gift to give him...thanks for the inspiration).
1. First and foremost, Zach is the most incredible daddy...Hannah has him wrapped around her finger. He is not like other dad's either...he will change her diaper, no problem, he plays with her, holds her when she cries, reads to her (once), gives her a bath, watches baby Einstein with her, feeds her, and takes care of her during the week more then mommy! A lot of dad's leave that kind of work to the mommy, but this daddy does just as much, if not more, to take care of our lil peanut. And she adores him! The best gift I could ever give our daughter is such an incredible father...she is so lucky!.jpg)
2. His laugh...I truly feel like a million bucks when I make him laugh, which is often, because he has such an easy sense of humor. There is never a courtesy laugh, it is always real and big! And watching him laugh (like at stupid movies), always makes me laugh and enjoy whatever we are doing (especially when we are at stupid movies).
3. He is a charmer...Zach can charm the pants off of anyone...he even charms the lunch ladies. All he does is flash his lil smile and says things like "please," and "thank you," and "May I?" Those simple words and smile can get him whatever he wants!
4. In addition to being charming, Zach is the friendliest person I have ever met and as a result, he knows EVERYBODY! He talks to the people who sit around us at the Jazz and Utah games, he walks down the street and runs into people he hasn't seen for years...This can be a little annoying, because we are constantly stopping to talk to people I don't know, but its cute nonetheless.
5. Neil Diamond...Zach's man crush! I can count on two hands how many times I have seen my hubby cry...they have all been at very important times in our lives...he cried when he told me he loved me, he cried on our wedding day, he cried when he finally got hired on as a firefighter, etc...and yes, he cried at Neil Diamond! When we saw Neil for the first time, Zach cried when he started singing "L ove on the Rocks!" It was adorable, although he will probably deny it!
6. Patience is a virtue...and one that Zach possesses! If he didn't, I am not sure that he would have ever wanted to marry me! Yes, I am emotional, yes I freak out over NOTHING, and yes, I pick fights with my husband for no reason... Yes, he takes all of this with a smile on his face...which is so aggravating and leads to more of the same, until he starts laughing at how ridiculous I am being, and like I said in #2, if he laughs, I laugh!
7. His smell. He smells good, even without cologne (which I have bought for him, but he never wears).
8. Zach is the most simple soul in the world...it does not take a lot to make him happy. It does not take much to please him and with how predictable life can become sometimes, that is truly a blessing. Things Zach cannot live without...Bud Light (he does not need the fancy imports, he will always stick to the tried and true domestic), wings (he will order wings wherever we go), grilled cheese, hot showers, clean clothes, tennis shoes, a great clips haircut, t-shirts, firetrucks, Chili's, Pizza Hut pepperoni lover's pie with breadsticks, Maxim, x-box, a night out with the guys, sports,friends, his iphone and ipod. He also cannot go too many days without seeing his girls (I frequently visit the fire station with Hannah because "I miss you, I haven't seen you in 24 hours!")
9. Squishies!!! Inside joke.
10. The boy has more drive and motivation then anyone I know! Once he has it in his sights, he will do anything and everything it takes takes to get it, be it his career, "the misses," or his toys. If he wants it, he will find a way to make it happen.
11. My hubby is the eternal optimist...Everything is always going to be okay and will work out...and he is always right!
12. His smile...he had braces twice as a kid and the outcome is amazing...one smile and I still melt!
13. I still get butterflies when he kisses me...the good kisses (which always come in three's).
14. He is not afraid of PDA...to this day, he always holds my hand when we are walking anywhere...sometimes I think its to make sure I don't fall too far behind (I am such a slow walker), but who cares!
15. His tiny, stubby fingers. I can't stop laughing when he flips people off, because they are just so little and fat! I call them his sausage fingers! I think they look even tinier because he bites the nails down to the very skin (ouch) when he gets nervous!
16. His eyes. They twinkle when he is happy, which seems to be all the time. I think Hannah got his eyes.
17. I have two kids...Zach is the other one. Zach loves toilet humor (we watch Super Troopers every time its on), wears little boy clothes (Do have have to remind you of the Transformer's t-shirt we bought in the little boys section of Walmart?...it was too small and showed his little belly), he loves all action movies (like Transformers, x-men, batman..."screw the dialogue, if I can watch two robots fighting, that is cool!"), he whines when he is sick...need I say more.
18. Zach is politically the smartest person I know, but without being a jerk about it. He loves to have political discussions with anyone who will listen, but won't fight or call you out when you don't agree with him...we know people who are always trying to push his buttons, but he always stays cool and collected and won't let you drag him into a fight...he doesn't want to change your beliefs and you won't change his, no matter how hard you try.
19. Zach will do anything for his family... he is always helping out his grandma, taking care of things for his mom, and making fun of his sister! He loves his family and is in close contact with everyone on a weekly basis.
20. He is a loyal sports fan...we will die with season tickets to Utah sports, no matter how bad the team. He also loves all college football/basketball, the Jazz, Nascar, Tiger Woods, the Colts, Florida, etc. Sportscenter is a must see in our house every night!
21. He loves to cuddle. We have to be touching toes in order for Zach to fall asleep...there have been a few sleepless nights when I refused to let our feet touch because I was mad about something (see #6)and Zach would talk it out with me until I would touch his toes, and then he knew everything was good enough to finally fall asleep.
22. Zach is an animal lover...he takes such good care of our kitty, but he loves all animals. He always says if he went back to school, he would become a veterinarian...He makes due knowing that he is a "people vet."
23. He is so protective...don't mess with his woman or he will mess up your face...Not really. He's a lover, not a fighter, but you better not cross me or he will tell you where to go!
24. Zach is so brave... he goes to work everyday not knowing what will come his way...a house fire or a heart attack...He will run into a burning house to save your cat and administer CPR for 30 minutes trying to safe your life. Nothing scares him and everyday he gives his all to his job and asks for nothing in return. He loves his job and I really don't know that many people that can say that anymore.
25. He is so witty...some of the stuff he comes up with on a whim amaze me! He is always the life of the party.
26. He is a wealth of knowledge...he knows everything about everything...I can ask him who sings any song and he knows the answer, he knows how to get anywhere in the world, he knows how to fix our computer or a flat tire, he can do the taxes, he knows everything about current events...I always go to Zach first if I have a question about anything.
27. Zach does not have a stubborn bone in his body. He is man enough to admit when he is wrong and always the first to apologize.
28. He loves me unconditionally...what more can a girl ask for?
Babe, there are so many more things that I love about you, but I will keep them in my head and in my heart until next year when I tell you 29 more things that I adore. I love you so much and am the happiest girl in the world. Thank you for all you do for our lil family and for our future. You are the brightest and best part of our lives and we would be lost without you. We are "the Luckiest.".jpg)
Love,
The Misses and Peanut
7 years ago
9 comments:
Good Morning!
Did you really think I could let this go and not say anything? How do you think Zac got all his great qualities? Just kidding, of course they are all his doing, I know it and the family knows it, but most of all, and as you said he knows it too, but chooses to not let that effect him, either!
Well done, Nic. I think he is just as lucky to have you as you are to have him. I have always said publicly and privately that you have help shape him and make him that man you so terrificly described.
I am the proudest Dad ever, (and why not?)he will come in as the second proudest until I am gone, and I don't plan on going anywhere for a long while!
I love you, son. For the record, I love all of you! (No, that is not PDA, right?) It's okay if it is, however. I am so proud of you, I will always tell anyone or everyone that I come in contact with about my son, it can be embarrassing (remember an incident at Franklin Covey Field) but so what?
Have a terrific day, bud. I can't wait to see you, and I never get to enough, but always remember, You are the Man! Happy Birthday at 7:01 p.m. tonight!
Love,
Dad
So so cute! Happy birthday Zach..you old fart! Zach really is the best and I am so happy that 2 of my friends met, got married now has a cute baby! Yeah!
AHHHH...what a great post!!!
Happy Birthday Zach!
what a sweet sweet post! you guys are so dang cute! happy birthday zach!
5 Things I love about Zach:
I love the way he smells on a cool Spring morning.
I love the way he holds me when Haley makes me cry.
I love the way he braids his butt hair.
I love all the good times we had at the Fiesta Bowl and the Sugar Bowl.
I love his high quality wardrobe.
Happy Birthday!
happy happy. this is the sweetest tribute nichole. you are such a loving wife. and i know our two boys would have a ball together. are you kidding me?!! i had no idea there was another neil diamond lover out there. that just made me laugh, i completely understand. we NEED to do karaoke together sometime.
happy valentine's day to you and your honeys. you are the cutest li'l family. xoxo.
Oh, and he's gay... GAY, GAY, GAY!
So weird to see Hanna that small. where has the time gone! She keeps getting cutter the older she gets...that's not good for you guys! ha ha!!!
I mean seriously.. Im balling right now.. is this for real? I cant stop crying.. Nik you are amazing.. I can only dream to find someone that is just like my bropey. A lot of those things sound so familiar.. Oh ya.. they sound just like our daddy! Zach comes by it honestly.. brop you are a great guy.. and truely an amazing daddy! Happy Birthday..again! I dont like the "making fun of his little sister part" what the hell?? You have a way with words Nik. Im so happy that you two found eachother. I hope to be just as happy as you 2 one day. I look up to you both. Love you guys.
Post a Comment