Monday, October 13, 2008

New Nanny

So its been a crazy couple of weeks for the Robinson clan, but hopefully things are going to be calming down now! We are really excited because we hired a new nanny late last week and she starts next week. She has seven years of experience, she is fun, happy, centered, and really good with Hannah. We are so excited to have her join our little family! Interviewing nannies...what an experience! We had some not so good candidates...I can't even describe how bad... and a couple girls we really liked. Trying to pick the person that you are going to trust to care for the most precious thing in your life is not an easy task and asking some of the tough questions was really hard for me (i.e. do you have a criminal background, what is your driving record, have you ever abused a child, etc...how do you ask a stranger that, let alone your best friend!). Anyway, I think we found a good match in Elizabeth and I am hoping that this will be a good fit! Thanks to everyone for your support and help watching Hannah through this stressful time.

Also, Hannah had her six month check up last week. Dr. Katie says Hannah is very advanced, since she is trying to crawl (she actually army crawls around the house, which is really funny), sits up on her own, and has two teeth. After she was praised for being the smartest baby on the block, she got her shots. Mommy hates that! She cried like she has never cried before and it breaks mommy and daddy's hearts to watch her go through this wretched pain...Never fear, two minutes later, she is laughing and charming the receptionist... Thank God her memory is not fully developed yet and she has totally forgotten the entire experience before we reach Zach's truck!

Here are a few fun pics of Hannah since our last entry!

Love,

The Robinsons


Daddy, save me from the big scary CHICKEN!


First game with Daddy!


New trick with my tongue!


First tooth, if you can see it!


Sitting up on my own!

8 comments:

Tasha said...

She is so cute! I think there needs to be more pictures of her with her cute Mommy though, I think we've seen enough of Zach, LOL:)

Anonymous said...

We've missed you!!!
Sounds like you have had
a lot going on.
I can agree with you on how the whole shots thing breaks your heart. Our little girl Chloe, just got her kindergarten shots
a couple of months ago and it was so sad. It doesn't get any easier no matter the age.
Glad to know all is well with you guys!

Matt Gephardt said...

You are a horrible parent!!! I can not believe you let the chicken hold your baby! He might have eaten her!

Shani said...

My cougar could eat your chicken. Rise and shout.

Kristin Smith said...

Of course Hannah's advanced, look at her parents!

Glad that the nanny hiring process is over, and I hope Elizabeth works well for you. We need to get our nannies together soon for a play date!

Miss you Nichole!!! One of these days I'm going to show up at the hospital and force you to go to lunch with me!

Kristin

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

You really captured the moment of the U game. I love it! I miss those games so much. They remind me of fall :( Anyway, so cute!

theminerfamily said...

I'm so glad to see that you're starting her early as a Ute fan! You have your priorities straight! I'm sad that our two families didn't get together when we had the chance, but I hope all is going well. Keep in touch!
- Dave

bethandtravis said...

I can't believe that she lets you put those head phones on her. they are bigger then her head, and she's sitting up! Thats crazy! see you guys soon...