Wednesday, September 24, 2008

In the blink of an eye...

Dear Hannah,
Today you turned 6 months old! Can you believe it??? Another milestone in less then a week and Mommy and Daddy can barely keep up with you! The last six months have gone by so incredibly fast and I wish more then anything we could slow down, stop, and smell the roses. But we all know that life and time stops for no one, so I just cling to every moment and am grateful for every second we have with our little blessing. It is hard to remember what our life was like before you came into this world. It's strange how nerve racking and scary having a child is because everyone tells you how much your life will change. Well, you have definitely rocked our world, but in the best way imaginable. "I'll be there in five minutes," has now turned into an hour with feeding, changing, and preparing you for the littlest outing. Shopping no longer means going to Banana Republic, Nordstrom's, or American Eagle. Instead, our favorite stores are Gymboree, Baby Gap, and Babies R Us. Visiting friends and family is no longer about us, but rather, everyone wants to see you and see how you've grown! It is definitely a more selfless world, a more planned out world, and a more chaotic world (if that makes sense), but it is absolutely a more complete world with our little peanut. Everyday is an adventure, a new learning experience, and a miracle. You really have fulfilled something in Daddy and I that we never knew was missing! You are the best of both of us and you bring more joy to our lives then we could have ever imagined. Our lives may have changed... we get less sleep, we worry more, and we (I) cry more, but we also laugh more, smile more, and are more content then ever before. Thank you Hannah, for making us a family and for bringing us more happiness then we could have ever dreamed of! We love you so much and are lucky to be your parents. The next six months will be filled with many more milestones and the rest of our lives will be filled with priceless memories. We are the luckiest...

Love,
Mommy and Daddy


Just a funny pic I wanted to share with everyone...



If you keep growing at this rate, soon you will be driving!!!



You are such a daddy's girl!



You sat up by yourself yesterday (September 23rd). This is not the pic, Mommy was not there to memorex the moment :(



Everyday with you is a better day then the last!

8 comments:

JanaB said...

Hannah. . . your parents are the best! And the coolest. . . really hip! (I think saying that is not hip- but you get the point!)

Anonymous said...

reading this made me cry...I think you are a sweet family..I know this because ... I got to watch Hannah's Daddy do the same things you get to watch her do...and looking at her is just like looking at her Daddy...but with a beautiful face like you Nicole..I love you all...keep up the good work...

Unknown said...

I can't believe how fast Hannah is growing! I guess I can't say that...look at my kids! They are getting too big too soon! Your family is ADORABLE!

The Richards Family said...

so cute! time goes too fast! and that swing has saved our lives!

klt9976 said...

I can't believe it! You are the cutest mom!

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

Nicole!!! I love you and I was so happy when you commented on my blog. What you wrote to Hannah was really touching, seriously. I can relate to a T. I love being a mother and seeing Sammy as a dad. It is the best life experience ever. Let's keep in touch girl. So good to "see" you.

Casey and Ryan said...

What a beautiful lil' girl! You guys should be so proud!
Casey

Lu said...

Nichole!!!! I saw your name on Christina's blog and I had to look through your blog! It was so good to see pictures of you and see that you guys are doing so good! Your little girl is soooooooooooooo cute! Congrats! She is pretty much the same age as my little ones. It has been FOREVER! How are you? Where are you? Your blog is darling and it was so fun to see :)