Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Six unique things about me that you may not know:

1. I cry about everything. Literally. This is not an exaggeration. I cry when I am happy, sad, mad, annoyed, tired...any emotion, any situation, can make me cry without warning. And once those tears start coming, there is no way to stop them, even if I am work, at the mall, at home, anywhere, if I need to cry, I just do it. It is so embarrassing and rather aggravating for my family, I am sure. Zach used to feel really bad if he made me cry, but now that he has learned that I really do cry "at the drop of a hat," "over spilled milk," and for really no reason at all, he is now immune to my tears! Being so sensitive really is a PAIN!

2. I am a very picky eater. For me, it's a texture thing. I have tried really hard to just eat the foods I don't like, but I have a horrible gag reflex and I would rather just pick out the food I don't like then sit there retching, embarrassing myself even more. Here are some of the foods I don't eat...mushrooms, olives (not actually sure if I have ever eaten an olive, but I know I don't like them), onions, tomatoes, peppers (I like they way they make my food taste, but to actually chew one grosses me out)...that is just a few. As a child I also hated green noodles (I think they are supposed to be spinach, but they taste the same as any other noodle). I hated them so bad that I had convinced myself I was allergic to them and I would throw up every time my mom made them. Needless to say, she stopped making green noodles and now I can eat them, no problem!

3. I drink Diet Coke all the time, but not because I love it...I love, Love, LOVE Coke, but since it has all those calories, I grudgingly drink Diet Coke, all the while wishing I would just take the caloric hit and drink the real thing! I don't understand the people who really like Diet Coke for the taste, Coke is so much better!

4. If I start a watching movie or reading a book, from the beginning, so matter how terrible, I have to finish it. It actually took me six years to finish Angela's Ashes, but I HAD to finish it. I kept hoping that it would lighten up or end well, but it just got worse and worse, but I felt satisfied that I had finished it, even though I hated everything about it! Same with movies. Even the dumb Lifetime movies. If I start it from the beginning, I feel compelled to finish it. If I start watching it in the middle and it sucks, I can just change the channel, but something about finishing what I start keeps me watching no matter how boring or gruesome.

5. I am somewhat of a neat freak. I, like Melissa, must also make sure my house in clean and orderly before I go to bed or I can't sleep. I also clean my shared office at work, cleaning the keyboards, organizing the books, straightening the notices on the bullentin board...my coworkers laugh at my little OCD tendencies.

6. I have phone fear. I hate calling people I don't know, I hate answering the phone...I have some weird anxiety about what the person on the other end is going to say, so I just avoid the phone at all costs. I recently learned that this was the one thing about me that really annoyed Zach, so I have been working on answering the phone, no matter what, but I always have butterflies in my tummy when I do!

I have tagged Emily, Jess, Kristy, Bethany, Jana, and Tina Marie! Good luck ladies!

4 comments:

Shad and Whitney said...

Nichole~
Your post made me laugh! I loved the parts about green "spinach" noodles and fears of answering the phone-
(I hope you can overcome that someday!) Anyhow, I'm glad you shared all this interesting info about yourself. It was fun to get to know you better.
P.S. I've heard Coke zero tastes better than Diet Coke...give it a try!

Mrs. Fowden said...

I pretty much knew all these things! I really don't have anything unique about me . . . my food issues yes, but nothing more I can think of.

Erickson Family said...

your post was so funny. I also hate talking on the phone. As a matter a fact Craig was giving me crap about that just today...I would much rather make the trip to talk to someone in person then pick up the phone and call.

theminerfamily said...

Nichole!! Hello darling! Umm remember how we were prego together and couldn't figure out what to eat in the PCMC cafeteria? Mmmm French fries! I have wondered how you guys were doing, now I can see! Hannah is SOOO darling! You'll have to connect to our blog to see our "Anna!" (: You look so cute and I love that Hannah is TRUE UTE! Anna wears her red and white and cheers from 1700miles away. I guess the ONLY good thing about that is she doesn't have to wear those "earplugs."