Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Week of Firsts

As we approach a great milestone in Hannah's life (she will be six months old on Wednesday...stay tuned for a another elated entry in a couple of days), I have been constantly surprised by how fast she is growing over this past week.

First, Hannah has almost completely lost interest and grown out of her swing. Hannah loves that swing and it has been a lifesaver to Zach and I since my sister gave it to us. It has saved us from many sleepless nights and has safely secured and entertained her for a few "mommy and daddy" moments. Last Sunday I put her in the swing while I stepped out of the room for two seconds. I could hear her playing with the toy bar from the laundry room. When I came back to the living room, she was was on the floor, watching the swing sway in front of her! She had popped off the toy bar and apparently rolled out on her own. I heard no crash, no tears, and she was bump free! I am not sure how she did it with no cuts and bruises, but now I think we will have to duct tape her in!





Second, last Sunday (September 15th for my baby book), Hannah's first tooth broke through the surface! After what felt like months of teething we can finally see and feel her first tooth. Its the middle, bottom, right-sided tooth. I started crying. Hannah stopped crying. Then I took a million pics. I tried to get a pic of the actual tooth, but its still pretty low, and this is what I got. Then, I took a million more pictures, trying to capture her toothless grin for the last time. Babies faces change so much when they start getting teeth and I really wanted to savor the moment!







Third, Hannah is trying to crawl! Isn't it a little early? Not for our advanced little peanut! She has discovered how to get on all fours and rock back and fourth! She gets so excited and then gets tired and flops on her belly! Its a little too soon for mommy, but I can't keep her from "inventing" this new mode of getting around! She amazes us everyday!



Lastly, Hannah has always had very long hair, but lately the bottom has started to resemble a mullet. Her bottom layer is the same length as the top and it looked adorable (to mommy and daddy), but our daughter will not be a fashion victim, so mommy cut her hair last night (September 20th for my baby book). I just cut the bottom layer and its not a professional job, but she looks perfect nonetheless. Here are some before and after pics!









Love,
The Robinson's

4 comments:

Shani said...

I linked to your blog from the Erickson's. Hannah is so stinkin cute and getting so big! I just wanted to officially congratulate Zach on getting Raymo as his new captain. To make your life easier, here are a few things you need to know about Ray. He screams like a girl if you scare him and will threaten to write you up. He hates lettuce and mushrooms and if you want a happy captain, suggest PB &J sandwiches for lunch. He wants to work at AirMed so get him on the treadmill often so he doesn't plump up and gain weight. He is on the cusp of 205. He loves the spotlight in the engine and will frequently look for deer with it at night. Or in the case of station 31, drunk people. He wears socks and sandals together and thinks he can pull it off, and if you ever want to get in his face and make him mad, tell him he has a scooter and should name it Francis. I think that is all for now, but I am sure I will keep the info trickling in as I remember it. Have funnnnn!

Tasha said...

Hannah is such a doll! I didn't even know you had a blog, I am so excited!!! How did you find us?

RAYMO said...

Zach and Fam,

The shear fact that your family has a blog will make my transition to working "A shift" that much easier. Your family is awesome, and since you guys are obvious, (almost rabid) Ute fans makes you even cooler. Bring em by the station anytime. There's a reason why the Engines are Crimson RED!!!

Shad and Whitney said...

Hannah is adorable you guys!
We can tell that you are very proud parents and you should be.
Keep up the good work!